Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Coverting PDF files to Word


Have a worksheet in locked PDF format that you want students to type into?
Found a great reading passage in PDF format you want to read aloud with text reader software(e.g. Kurzweil, Natural Reader)?

In most cases, you will need to covert it to a MS Word file that can be used for these purposes.

www.zamzar.com is a free tool that allows you to upload a PDF file, have it converted to a Word document, and e-mailed back to you (usually the same day)

You can find printable quick guides and videos on text reader software and flexible features of MS Word on the HIAT web-site Quick Guides page.

What other tools do you use to convert PDF files to make them more usable?

2 comments:

  1. This post is very timely, just when I need it. Good thing I've come across this site while surfing. I just thought to share this website I've visited prior to your blog, I find it very helpful, especially for people like us who wants to edit PDF forms. Here's the link (http://goo.gl/ZEdhKO), check it out.I know the software is free if you invite a couple of friends to try it out as well using this link goo.gl/oQvpJF

    ReplyDelete